Monday, July 22, 2013

Floundering About





After just moving to Florida, my dad took me fishing. We decided to fish inshore in the bay. We drove to the Flying J, a bait shop that I have been going to since I could walk. 5 doz shrimp and we were fishing 5 minutes later. After getting many bites, pin fish small grunts, I got a big hit, after a good fight, I landed a keeper flounder. Later that night I deiced to play. A good friend and mentor of mine, Chef Erik Youngs, asked me to try one of his personal spice blends. The company name is Let's Do Gourmet, LLC and the spice is Colombian Rub. So with out going to any market, I began to create a dish using only what was in my grandmothers house and herb garden. This also gave me a chance to show my Abuela AYA, some of the things i have learned.



Colombian Rub Crusted Flounder
Cuban Salad of Avocado Tomato Cucumber,
Sweet Pickled Garden Peppers, Basil Aioli










For More Spice Information
 www.letsdogourmet.com







No comments:

Post a Comment