Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Lamb Belly Cannellini "The Pressure Cooker"


Pressure-cooking? I can always remember to when I was a young boy. In Aya’s kitchen you could hear the maracas like sound the pressure cooker would make, as steam would escape. In the past year I have realized that the pressure cooker is more than a pieces of equipment but another method of cooking like braising. It’s brings a way to cook more efficient, with shorter cooking time. Normally things like beans take 1 or more hours to cook in a pot, but in a pressure cooker maybe 15-20 minutes. Braised items don’t take 3 hours but 30-45 minutes. My girlfriend bought me a pressure cooker online for Christmas this past year. I have been really playing around with it, cooking many different items. Here I took some lamb belly out of the freezer and dice it, added white wine, onion, tomato product, and a green chili spice mix. I have found that it works better to cook tough cut of meat for 20-30 minutes then adding soaked beans for another 5-10 minutes depending on the bean. I will add some more pressure-cooking idea.












No comments:

Post a Comment